On January 8, 2018, a Court Order was issued appointing A. Farber & Partners Inc. (“Farber“) as receiver (in such capacity, the “Receiver“) to, inter alia, collect outstanding commissions from transactions in which Toronto Right Choice Brokerage Inc. (formerly Re/Max Right Choice Inc.) (the “Debtor“) is or was a broker and hold such funds in trust pending further Order of the Court.
Farber was appointed Receiver, without security, of:
- Any and all funds currently in the Debtor’s bank accounts (the “Existing Funds“), including without limitation, any and all funds affected by a Freeze Order made November 1, 2017 pursuant to section 25 of the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 (Ontario); and
- Any and all real estate commissions owing to the Debtor (together with the Existing Funds, the “Property“)
Further status updates will be posted as they become available.
Creditor or employee inquiries
For creditor or employee inquiries, please contact:
The case updates and court filed documents on this website are for information purposes only and you should consult your financial or legal adviser if you have any questions or concerns about your rights or obligations. Additional updates on the status of these proceedings may become available in the future.
Motion materials (Affidavits, Factums, Books of Authority)
- Application Record for Motion returnable December 8, 2017
- Affidavit of Service dated January 3, 2018
- Affidavit of Clavil Henry dated January 3, 2018
Court orders & endorsements
- Endorsement re: Service Matter dated December 8, 2017
- Receivership Appointment Order dated January 8, 2018