He has played an instrumental role helping companies of all sizes rejuvenate their operations and maximize corporate value. Stuart is comfortable on both sides of a transaction with extensive experience representing secured lenders/creditors, unsecured creditors, debtors, and regulators regarding businesses in financial distress. His specialization includes:
- business viability assessment
- turnaround financing and management
- operational restructuring
- receiverships and bankruptcy proceedings
- mergers and acquisitions of troubled companies
Stuart has an in-depth understanding of the Canadian legal process which makes him highly skilled at providing litigation support through valuation and insolvency analyses, damage calculations, and forensic investigations.
- He has been the President of the Toronto Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) and has served on its international board.
- He served on the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario Appeal Committee.
- Stuart is a member of the Insolvency Institute of Canada which draws members from the most senior and experienced professionals representing the insolvency community in Canada.