After entering the search industry in 2011, Steve supported a wide variety of clients in finding and engaging talent on both an interim and permanent basis, at levels ranging from intermediate through the C-suite. While focused on finance and accounting, he has also filled roles in HR, logistics, and operations.
Steve had a 25-year career in finance leadership in the packaged goods, education, transportation, and market research industry. He recruited and developed finance talent who are in leadership roles across Canada’s business environment today.
Select client experience
- filled VP Finance and VP Operations roles in a mid-sized pharma company
- backfilled Controller, Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) on an interim basis at a major grocery retailer during an ERP upgrade project
- filled numerous interim CFO roles at various not-for-profit organizations
- provided an interim Manager of FP&A for a major home builder
- Steve has been a volunteer leader with Financial Executives International (FEI) for over 15 years. He has served as President of the Toronto Chapter and remains on the board; and was also on the National Board.
- He served on the Board and Finance & Audit committee of a Family Services and Child Welfare organization.
- He has spoken at many professional associations, including FEI and CPA Ontario, as well as numerous other networking associations, on the art and science of networking for your next opportunity. He has also published a highly-regarded booklet on the topic.
- Steve could be one of Farber’s most avid readers—having organized the firm’s book club. Learn about what Steve’s reading and his most recent trips in his Faces of Farber profile.