Steve has been involved in IT consulting for over 34 years and has an established record of bringing business-based technology solutions to clients in a variety of industries in Canada and internationally. His industry experience includes retail, healthcare, manufacturing, consumer products, pharmaceutical/biotechnology, and services.
Over the years, Steve has helped clients:
- develop their IT vision and roadmap
- understand how to leverage emerging technologies, such as cloud computing, for cost savings and improved productivity
- determine cybersecurity exposures and mitigation plans
- establish business intelligence and analytics platforms through data visualization software and solutions
- transform their technology platforms and investments to become ‘digital’ companies
In addition, he has provided interim IT management services during transition periods, both for IT leadership positions as well as specialized resource needs. His clients have included Walmart, Money Mart, Bayshore Home Health, SCI Logistics, Toromont Industries, United Van Lines and Longo’s Grocery.
Select client experience
- Managed an assessment of the information systems function for a large equipment and power systems dealership. This project involved an evaluation of the all applications, data and communication infrastructure, IT project planning processes, and staff capabilities. The project report was used as the basis for a reorganization of the entire IT function.
- Led the comprehensive IT due diligence review—on behalf of a transportation & logistics client—as part of a corporate acquisition process. The due diligence included detailed reviews of all aspects of the IT processes and organization as well as the technology infrastructure, application and data portfolios, vendor commitments and contracts, and all operating and capital costs and projects. Key benefits of this due diligence included recommendations for integrating the IT organization into the acquired company and highlighted areas of opportunity for cost reduction and technology combination.
- Provided interim management of the Information Systems (IS) group for an automotive retailer, during an orderly wind down of its operations. This role included securing all IS facilities, establishing complete operating systems, data and application backups at head office and remote sites, overseeing ongoing application support for store operations, and providing continued point of sale and other administrative systems.
- Prior to founding Litcom in 2003, Steve worked with a number of leading IT Solution providers including Deloitte & Touche Consulting and Cap Gemini Canada (formerly Ernst & Young Management Consultants), where he led the Canadian IT practice. Steve has also lectured at University of Toronto on a number of IT related subjects.