Principal | Interim Management & Executive Search
Sandy Dennis is a Principal in the Interim Management & Executive Search practice at B. Riley Farber in Vancouver. Sandy brings a tenured and diverse business background to her current role.
With over 12 years’ experience in the search and recruitment industry, Sandy brings a diverse business background and strong business acumen to her role.
Sandy started her career at a Fortune 500 firm, and followed this successful start to her recruitment career by co-launching a division of a leading national recruitment firm. In early 2017, Sandy co-launched the Vancouver branch of Farber’s Executive Search practice.
Sandy has established a strong brand within Vancouver’s Lower Mainland, with both internal Talent Acquisition teams and Senior Leaders & Executives. These cultivated relationships allow her to quickly identify and access the passive candidate pipeline.
Her tenacity for uncovering and vetting the right talent is the key to her success in placing numerous senior leaders and executives. Sandy provides a consultative approach for her clients and candidates, offering extensive industry and local market knowledge. She is entrepreneurial, customer-service centric, and an exceptional relationship builder.
Select client experience
Recent placements include:
- SVP Construction & Development for a global restaurant franchisee
- SVP Finance for a scaling North American real estate developer
- Director of Operations for a private equity owned healthcare organization
- VP Risk & Insurance Management for North America’s fastest-growing new home developer
- Chief Operating Officer for a growing and transforming professional services firm
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for private equity backed lumber & energy company
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for an organic food supplier
- VP Marketing for a turnaround e-commerce company
- Director Financial Planning & Analysis for a leading national insurance business
- Project Manager for an ERP implementation with a food producer
- Sandy has been Co-Chair of CPHR-BC Professional Recruiter Roundtable for past 3 years
- She has taken an active role with Big Sisters of BC as a big-sister mentor for past 10 years
- She is an active participant with Association of Women in Finance
- She leads a Value Proposition workshop for executives in transition
- Sandy has taken several sabbaticals to adventure around the world—including nine months of backpacking around Africa. Read more about Sandy’s travels in her Faces of Farber profile
Sandy’s experience prior to joining the staffing and recruitment industry includes:
- progressive senior level accounting and finance leadership roles
- software implementation consultant for a global Fortune 500 firm
- Entrepreneur – retail business start-up and ownership