During his 15 years in restructuring and turnaround, he has worked on some of the largest distressed corporate divestitures and restructurings in Sub-Saharan Africa in a variety of capacities.
He moved to Canada in 2018 and has worked on several M&A transactions since arriving.
Select client experience
- managed the sale of Envirogard, a 40-year old Canadian water treatment company to Canature, a company listed on the Shenzen stock market
- led the sale of Highveld Structural Mill to Arcelor Mittal
- sold the Black Chrome mine, a 20-million ton chrome and platinum group metals resource to Sail Minerals on behalf of the secured creditor
- led the sale of all operational assets of Highveld Steel and Vanadium
- appointed by Glencore to oversee the restructure and sale of Optimum Coal Holdings a 10-million ton per annum mining and export operation
- Piers has a need for speed. He rides an electric scooter as part of his daily commute, and likes to race cars on the track every once in a while. Learn more about Piers in his Faces of Farber profile