During his 15 years in restructuring and turnaround, he has worked on some of the largest distressed corporate restructurings in Sub-Saharan Africa, in a variety of capacities.
Piers has gained experience in numerous sectors, principally in mining and metals.
He has also worked on successful operational turnarounds and taken appointments as a senior business rescue practitioner, non-executive director, and chief restructuring officer.
Select client experience
- led the business rescue of Evraz Highveld Steel, a vertically integrated steel and vanadium producer
- appointed by Glencore to oversee the restructuring of Optimum Coal Holdings a 10-million ton per annum mining and export operation
- court-appointed practitioner for Black Chrome, a 20-million ton chrome and platinum group metals resource and operational mine
- CRO for Brikor, a JSE listed group with clay brick mining and manufacturing and coal mining operations
- restructured Ellerines Furnishers, a 1200 store pan-African furniture retailer