Peter has significant experience with:
- acting as court-appointed receiver and interim receiver
- assisting with court-appointed estate trustee during litigation (“ETDL”) matters under the Estates Act
- acting as a privately appointed receiver on behalf of secured lenders
- acting as Licensed Insolvency Trustee in appointments under Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Division 1 proposal and bankruptcy proceedings
Select client experience
- court-appointed receiver in Canadian proceedings and Foreign Representative in U.S. Chapter 15 proceedings in respect of the cross-border matter of Axios Mobile Assets Corp., a pallet logistics company with operations in Ontario and the U.S.A.
- court-appointed receiver in the cross-border liquidation of Pridamor Group, a label printing company with facilities in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, Ohio, and California
- court-appointed receiver of Bobcaygeon Family Dentistry where Peter operated and sold the dental practice
- court-appointed receiver of Austin Pharma Drugs where Peter operated and sold the pharmacy to a national pharmacy chain
- court-appointed receiver of 1565397 Ontario Inc., an owner of a rural 28-lot residential development property where Peter assisted in the completion of the subdivision agreement with the municipality and ultimately sold the building lots
Prior to coming to Farber, Peter worked as CFO at a venture capital group where he gained international perspective in negotiating and structuring business affairs.
Peter’s career began with a 13-year experience at an international accounting and advisory firm where he was introduced to insolvency and restructuring, obtained his Chartered Accountant designation, and assisted clients in numerous industries as a financial advisor.
Peter has experience in many industries, including construction, mining, manufacturing, marinas, daily car rentals, land development, and automotive dealerships.