Peter has significant experience with:
- acting as court-appointed receiver and interim receiver in both insolvency situations and shareholder disputes
- assisting with court-appointed estate trustee during litigation (“ETDL”) matters, asset recovery and realizations under the Estates Act
- acting as a privately appointed receiver on behalf of secured lenders
- acting as Licensed Insolvency Trustee in appointments under Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Division 1 proposal and bankruptcy proceedings
Select client experience
- finanical advisor to a pet food manufacturer to source replacement funding for a secured lender that was in enforcement proceedings, ultimately arranging necessary replacement funding and staving off a pending receivership.
Court-appointed receiver of:
- a Toronto radio station under the Ontario Business Corporations Act, monitoring business affairs and providing restructuring advice while a shareholder dispute progressed through litigation
- a northern Ontario sawmill
- a northern Ontario iron ore property
- several recreational marinas where he operated and sold the marinas
- Canadian proceedings and Foreign Representative in U.S. Chapter 15 proceedings in respect of the cross-border matter of Axios Mobile Assets Corp., a pallet logistics company with operations in Ontario and the U.S.A.
- the cross-border liquidation of Pridamor Group, a label printing company with facilities in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, Ohio, and California
- Bobcaygeon Family Dentistry where Peter operated and sold the dental practice
- court-appointed receiver of Austin Pharma Drugs where Peter operated and sold the pharmacy to a national pharmacy chain
- 1565397 Ontario Inc., an owner of a rural 28-lot residential development property where Peter assisted in the completion of the subdivision agreement with the municipality and ultimately sold the building lots
- Peter has a love for extreme sports—including windsurfing, mountain biking, and downhill skiing. Learn more about Peter in his Faces of Farber profile
Prior to coming to Farber, Peter worked as CFO at a venture capital group where he gained international perspective in negotiating and structuring business affairs.
Peter’s career began with a 13-year experience at an international accounting and advisory firm where he was introduced to insolvency and restructuring, obtained his Chartered Accountant designation, and assisted clients in numerous industries as a financial advisor.
Peter has experience in many industries, including construction, mining, manufacturing, marinas, daily car rentals, land development, and automotive dealerships.