Peter has significant experience with:
- acting as court-appointed receiver and interim receiver
- assisting with court-appointed estate trustee during litigation (“ETDL”) matters under the Estates Act
- acting as a privately appointed receiver on behalf of secured lenders
- acting as Licensed Insolvency Trustee in appointments under Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act Division 1 proposal and bankruptcy proceedings
Select client experience
- court-appointed receiver in Canadian proceedings and Foreign Representative in U.S. Chapter 15 proceedings in respect of the cross-border matter of Axios Mobile Assets Corp., a pallet logistics company with operations in Ontario and the U.S.A.
- court-appointed receiver in the cross-border liquidation of Pridamor Group, a label printing company with facilities in Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia, Ohio, and California
- court-appointed receiver of Bobcaygeon Family Dentistry where Peter operated and sold the dental practice
- court-appointed receiver of Austin Pharma Drugs where Peter operated and sold the pharmacy to a national pharmacy chain
- court-appointed receiver of 1565397 Ontario Inc., an owner of a rural 28-lot residential development property where Peter assisted in the completion of the subdivision agreement with the municipality and ultimately sold the building lots
- Peter has a love for extreme sports—including windsurfing, mountain biking, and downhill skiing in the Rockies—but skydiving might be a bit too extreme for him. Learn more about Peter in his Faces of Farber profile
Prior to coming to Farber, Peter worked as CFO at a venture capital group where he gained international perspective in negotiating and structuring business affairs.
Peter’s career began with a 13-year experience at an international accounting and advisory firm where he was introduced to insolvency and restructuring, obtained his Chartered Accountant designation, and assisted clients in numerous industries as a financial advisor.
Peter has experience in many industries, including construction, mining, manufacturing, marinas, daily car rentals, land development, and automotive dealerships.