She joined Farber in 2018, bringing a wealth of international experience. She was a part of the insolvency and restructuring practice at India’s largest full-service law firm—working on some of the country’s largest restructuring mandates.
Megha focuses on corporate restructuring, bankruptcies, proposals, receiverships duly authorized by the courts or by secured creditors and forensic investigations. She has experience in different industry sectors, including oil and gas, real estate, manufacturing, retail and financial services. Megha also has capabilities in corporate advisory, taxation, and litigation.
Select client experience
Megha’s experience includes:
- consulting as a financial advisor representing salaried, other employees, and retirees in the insolvency of a large Canadian retail chain which filed for protection under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- acting as a financial advisor to the salaried, other employees, and retirees of a listed steel manufacturing company. Assisting in negotiations, financial analysis, and legal implications of the proposed arrangement under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- a court-appointed receivership mandate involving a fraud & forensic investigation along with control and operation of real estate assets
- Megha placed 19th in India out of more than 10,000 writers on the CA Professional Competence Course (CA Exam), (2011)
- she placed 2nd out of more than 1000 writers on the Bachelor of Laws Exam, (2010)
- Megha used to play roller hockey and even represented her home state of Punjab at the national level. Learn more about her recreational and professional pursuits in her Faces of Farber profile