She is an energetic corporate consultant who is relied on by executive teams and lenders to analyze, plan, and project manage financial and operational restructurings. Karen provides clients with a wealth of knowledge relating to:
- arranging financing solutions
- managing cash flow
- uncovering growth opportunities
Prior to joining Farber, Karen spent more than 15 years at other professional services firms such as PricewaterhouseCoopers, Mintz & Partners LLP (now part of Deloitte), and KPMG where she was involved in financial and operational corporate restructuring mandates. Over her career, she has provided hands-on leadership to executives across a variety of industries.
Select client experience
- Oversaw the strategic operational plan to move manufacturing operations of an auto part firm from Canada to Mexico, creating a 3-week rolling production plan
- Managed the executive team of a TSE listed company to ensure continuation of the business through its restructuring while the CEO was absent
- Constructed a consolidated model for a decentralized group of entities to provide the client with a previously unavailable holistic view of the business and understanding of the inter-company practices
- Developed a gross margin evaluation tool for an after-market auto parts manufacturer with thousands of SKUs to prioritize customers and production and consider price renegotiations
- Built a 4-wall financial model for national retailer with more than 200 stores, evaluating the impact of a $180 million refinancing, evaluate inventory, review store footprint, and negotiate with landlords
- Karen placed 1st in Ontario in the National Insolvency Examination (2004).
- She placed 18th in Ontario out of more than 1,000 writers on the Uniform Final Examination (CA Exam), (2000).