Working in insolvency since 1988, John has acted for a wide variety of large to mid-sized corporations and their creditors, and in forensic proceedings he has traced and recovered assets in Canada and internationally. His experience includes acting as:
- privately and court-appointed receiver
- interim receiver
- proposal trustee under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- trustee in bankruptcy
John is highly regarded in the industry for his notable level of technical expertise and attention to detail which allow him to foster creative and innovative solutions required to yield best-case scenario results for stakeholders. He is valued for his strengths in communication, accountability, and a proven ability to build consensus among interested parties.
His responsiveness and hands-on approach to dealing with engagements achieve practical results appropriate for the unique needs of mid-sized clients.
Select client experience
John has extensive experience in many industries, particularly in real estate, hospitality, manufacturing, and retail. Notable assignments include:
- acting as Trustee in Bankruptcy for a group of security companies
- recovering vehicles as interim receiver for a used car dealership where all assets were dissipated before appointment
- operating a major real estate developer with land holdings valued at more than $100 million
- acting as Court-appointed receiver and trustee under the Construction Lien Act for a full-service resort
- overseeing a Yukon-based mining facility