He has assisted clients in resolving their financial issues by acting as:
- a trustee in bankruptcy
- an administrator under a Consumer Proposal
- a trustee under a Part III Division I Proposal
As a senior insolvency professional, he has extensive experience in a wide array of assignments covering all aspects of both consumer and corporate insolvency and restructuring proceedings.
John`s experience provides him with the means to address the individual concerns and craft solutions that work for that client.
Select client experience
- negotiated a settlement with Canada Revenue Agency that achieved the financial results desired by the client as well as the major creditor. Although the debtor was asked to improve their proposal offer, through a very protracted negotiation, a fair and reasonable settlement was reached
- acted as Chief Restructuring Officer under a CCAA on a farm related corporate file
- acted as a court-appointed Supervisor under the Courts of Justice Act to supervise a large banquet facility as a result of a shareholder’s dispute
- appointed by the court-appointed as an interim receiver under a Division I Proposal
- acted as the interim receiver on the sale of a property under a Division I Proposal
- John began his insolvency career with Paddon + Yorke Inc. in 1994 and was made a partner in 1998. Farber acquired Paddon + Yorke in September 2015 at which point he joined the firm
- he has been the chair of the National Insolvency Exam Committee and has served on the exam committee for the past 9 years
- John has lectured on matters related to practice management and co-authored a paper on insolvency and the professional
- The Canadian Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals named John Volunteer of the Year for 2017 for his work on the associations exam committees