Ian’s calm and confident demeanor make him an ideal choice as a trusted advisor for businesses facing change and adversity. He supports his clients in many functional areas, including:
- strategic and operational planning, to help businesses grow in the near and long-term
- crisis and change management, for companies facing unexpected volatility
- interim management, for clients with short-term leadership gaps, or where supplementary resources are required, at short notice
- executive search services, for organizations looking for new talent
Ian has a deep network and a desire to connect the unconnected, adding sustainable value to companies and creating career opportunities for executives. He has personally managed numerous interim and permanent CFO, CEO, executive, and senior management searches; his focus on interim management and executive search originates from his deep-seated passion to help talented executives find a role in which they can meaningfully contribute to a business’ long-term success.
Select client experience
- acted as Interim Manager for a highly profitable professional services firm undergoing an irreparable and acrimonious separation of shareholder management. Preserved millions of dollars of value and numerous jobs by maintaining the relationships with stakeholders through a transitional period
- retained by a law firm partnership to manage the orderly wind-down of the firm and work with partners on the exit strategy and practical go-forward business plan for the partners
- sourced an interim CFO for a municipality; supported the resource to deliver a go-forward business plan, worked with the CEO to build consensus around the long-term plan. Oversaw the hiring of the permanent CFO, facilitated the transition, enabling an efficient transfer of knowledge and responsibilities
Ian joined Farber in 2011, and was accepted into the partnership in 2014.
Having worked in a number of countries, Ian’s experience covers business advisory, private equity fund management, and in addition he has worked as a CFO in a high-growth manufacturing company.
- Developed and deployed a comprehensive compensation plan that more closely aligned the management team and key shareholders to the strategy of the business, leveraging the expertise of compensation specialists brought in by Farber to expedite the process
- Brought into an automotive parts manufacturer by the secured lender to manage the exit of key executives and source a more experienced management team. During the process, introduced Farber’s Corporate Finance team to refinance the company, pay out the lender, and put in place a long-term syndicate of lenders that were closely aligned with the company’s goals