He began specializing in insolvency and restructuring at a consumer practice firm in 2009, and gained further experience working at a national accounting firm in their corporate recovery and reorganization group. In 2014, Erez joined Farber as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT) where he practices in both the consumer and corporate arenas.
Throughout his career, Erez has prided himself on providing sound advice to businesses and individuals by making strong connections and always looking at the bigger picture. His hands-on involvement in both the corporate and consumer practices are fundamental in finding solutions for the self-employed and people with complex financial problems.
Erez’s corporate experience spans various sectors, including; retail, construction, advertising, manufacturing, hospitality, financial institutions, real estate, and technology.
Select client experience
Erez’s bankruptcy, insolvency, and restructuring experience includes:
- acting as a court-appointed receiver for a real estate brokerage firm
- acting as a court- appointed monitor under the CCAA, of a private equity firm that was being investigated by the Ontario Securities Commission
- acting as a court-appointed receiver of a construction company
- acting as a court-appointed receiver of a printing company
- acting as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee for proposals, negotiating for professionals ranging from doctors, dentists, accountants, and lawyers with the Canada Revenue Agency and other creditors
- Erez also volunteers with the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) and is on a committee which reviews and makes recommendations to the memorandum of understanding between CAIRP and the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada