Among other things, Cris’s experience includes dealing with:
- tax audits
- tax court appeals
- federal court judicial reviews
- voluntary disclosures
- requests for taxpayer relief
- CRA collections action
- Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) taxation
He has also served as a Director of Objections & Appeals at Canada’s largest independent SR&ED consulting company where he was directly involved in disputing SR&ED tax claims at the objection and tax court stage.
Cris brings his excellent technical knowledge, dispute resolution skills, and in-depth understanding of tax law and policy to serve as an effectual advocate for individuals, businesses and corporations with tax problems.
Select client experience
- working with CRA collections to alleviate collections proceedings against clients, such as seizures of property and bank related actions
- representing clients in multiple appeals before the Tax Court of Canada
- representing the test cases for one of Canada’s largest charitable donation tax shelters
- working pro-bono on the case leading to the first decision to find that CRA owed taxpayers a duty of care
- He co-founded a SR&ED consulting company and was directly involved in the SR&ED claim process, from preparation and submission to the audit and dispute resolution stages.