As a former partner in a major Canadian accounting firm and president of an eponymous financial restructuring firm, Bruce specializes in commercial and personal financial restructuring, using a tool kit built from over 40 years of experience.
A Chartered Accountant, Licensed Insolvency Trustee, and Chartered Insolvency Restructuring Professional, he believes strongly in continuous professional learning. He thrives on providing people-focused financial solutions in unusual insolvency situations and has experience doing so for a wide range of privately held businesses, professions and investment vehicles.
Bruce takes a great deal of satisfaction from the work he does, helping individuals and companies regain control of their finances their personal dignity and providing the tools they need to build a better, more financially secure future.
Select client experience
- acted as court appointed investigator to review multiple corporations in a related group to restructure their affairs and pursue fraudulent preferences. Appointments under the same mandate included a receivership, Winding-up and Restructuring Act Investigator and Liquidator and Trustee of a Proposal to creditors
- acted as court appointed receiver in the recovery of millions of dollars in a ponzi-style fraud
- restructured the personal financial affairs of numerous high-profile and high-income professionals, including lawyers, medical professionals, Chartered Professional Accountants and engineers
- Bruce, along with a partner, started an accounting practice in the Canadian Rocky mountain towns of Banff and Canmore which is still operating and growing to this day
- he was among one of the first insolvency professionals in Canada to develop a website to generate business and provide information to the public
- from renos at his cottage to fending off critters from his precious garden, Bruce likes to get his hands dirty. Find out his other passions in his Faces of Farber profile