As a former partner in a major Canadian accounting firm and president of an eponymous financial restructuring firm, Bruce specializes in commercial and personal financial restructuring, using a tool kit built from over 40 years of experience.
A Chartered Accountant, Licensed Insolvency Trustee, and Chartered Insolvency Restructuring Professional, he believes strongly in continuous professional learning. He thrives on providing people-focused financial solutions in unusual insolvency situations and has experience doing so for a wide range of privately held businesses, professions and investment vehicles.
Bruce takes a great deal of satisfaction from the work he does, helping individuals and companies regain control of their finances their personal dignity and providing the tools they need to build a better, more financially secure future.
Select client experience
- acted as court appointed investigator to review multiple corporations in a related group to restructure their affairs and pursue fraudulent preferences. Appointments under the same mandate included a receivership, Winding-up and Restructuring Act Investigator and Liquidator and Trustee of a Proposal to creditors
- acted as court appointed receiver in the recovery of millions of dollars in a ponzi-style fraud
- restructured the personal financial affairs of numerous high-profile and high-income professionals, including lawyers, medical professionals, Chartered Professional Accountants and engineers
- Bruce, along with a partner, started an accounting practice in the Canadian Rocky mountain towns of Banff and Canmore which is still operating and growing to this day.
- Bruce was among one of the first insolvency professionals in Canada to develop a website to generate business and provide information to the public.