He finds gaps and opportunities for brand growth, develops, and implements integrated brands, and creates marketing and communication strategies that increase brand value, profitability, and growth. His brand-building techniques include:
- brand audits
- market opportunity mapping
- competitive analysis
- mapping, segmentation, and profiling
- market research
In more than 20 years in the business, Aziz has marketed countries, economic zones, tourism destinations, financial services, packaged goods, telecom, real estate, automotive, healthcare, retail, hospitality, not-for-profit, and government services.
Select client experience
- Lakefield College School: Worked with stakeholders (the board, faculty, parents and alumni) to help Lakefield College School differentiate itself from other private boarding schools and increase enrollment in the early years
- Air Canada: Informed Air Canada’s marketing strategy for their Montreal to Casablanca and Toronto to Dubai routes
- Wind Mobile (not Freedom): Identified a profitable niche segmenting opportunity for WIND Mobile’s unlimited roaming product
- Henkle: Researched Contractors, Tradesmen and DIYers to help develop Henkel’s Canadian marketing and brand strategy for their construction Adhesives and Sealants
- Collins Barrow: Helped Collins Barrow leverage their ‘trusted advisor’ equity to position their new downstream ‘employee benefits insurance’ product for small and medium businesses
- Chartwell Retirement Residence: Engaged seniors and retirees to uncover insights and develop a brand strategy for Chartwell’s new “aging in place” concept
- Loblaw Companies Limited: Conducted primary and secondary research to provide a deep analysis of the Loblaw’s competition in the grocery arena, specifically from independent stores
- Aziz is a Business Mentor for Futurepreneur Canada, previously Canadian Youth Business Foundation (2012 – present).
- He’s a sessional faculty member at the University of Guelph-Humber (2016 – present).