Star Navigation Systems Group Ltd. (the “Company”) filed a Notice of Intention to Make Proposal (“NOI”) under Section 50.4 of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. B-3, as amended (the “BIA”) on December 11, 2019. A. Farber & Partners Inc. (“Farber”) was appointed as Proposal Trustee (the “Proposal Trustee”). A copy of the Certificate of Filing of a Notice of Intention to Make a Proposal and the Notice to Creditors are posted below.
The NOI filing provides an automatic stay of proceedings against the creditors of the Company for a 30-day period thus providing the Company the opportunity to restructure its affairs and formulate a proposal to creditors. During this time, the Company is not bankrupt.
A proposal, along with the Proposal Trustee’s report thereon and a proof of claim, is due to be filed by January 10, 2020 unless the Company obtains Court approval to extend the 30-day stay period. Creditors must then complete the proof of claim that will accompany the proposal and return it to the Proposal Trustee to participate in the proposal process.
On January 8, 2020, the Company brought a Motion to the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) (the “Court“) for a Court Order seeking an extension to the time within which the Company is required to make a Proposal. The Court issued an Order granting the extension to January 24, 2020 (the “Extension Order”). A copy of this Extension Order is posted below.
For creditor enquiries, please contact:
Associate | Restructuring
The case updates and court filed documents on this website are for information purposes only and you should consult your financial or legal adviser if you have any questions or concerns about your rights or obligations. Additional updates on the status of these proceedings may become available in the future.
- Notice of Motion (Returnable January 22, 2020)
- Responding Motion Record – January 7, 2020 (Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP)
- Factum (Miller Thomson LLP)
- Affidavit of Shallon Garrafa (Miller Thomson LLP)
- Book of Authorities (Miller Thomson LLP)
- Motion Record – NOI Filing Extension – January 2, 2020
- Motion Record – Access to Premises – December 11, 2019
Court Orders & Endorsements
- Endorsement of Justice Conway – January 8, 2020
- Endorsement of Justice Conway – December 18, 2019
- Endorsement of Justice Conway – December 12, 2019