On March 13, 2018, Niska North Inc. (the “Company“) filed an assignment into bankruptcy pursuant to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (“BIA“) and A. Farber & Partners Inc. (“Farber“) was appointed as Trustee in Bankruptcy.
Farber became Court-appointed receiver of Niska’s assets, property and undertaking on August 24, 2018 pursuant to the Order of the Honourable J.Hainey, a copy of which can be found below. Further, Farber was authorized to conduct a sale solicitation process. Please see below for more information.
The First Meeting of Creditors was held on March 29, 2018 at 10:00am at A. Farber & Partners Inc., at 150 York Street, Suite 1600, in Toronto, Ontario.
Creditor or Employee Inquiries
For creditor or employee inquiries, please contact:
The case updates and court filed documents on this website are for information purposes only and you should consult your financial or legal adviser if you have any questions or concerns about your rights or obligations. Additional updates on the status of these proceedings may become available in the future.
Sale Solicitation Process
Court Appointed Receivership
- Application Record returnable August 24, 2018
- Book of Authorities
- Report of Proposed Receiver dated August 21, 2018
- Order of Justice Hainey dated August 24, 2018 (Receivership)
- Order of Justice Hainey dated August 24, 2018 (Sale Process)
- Order of Justice Chiapetta dated December 3, 2018 (Ancillary Relief)
- Approval and Vesting Order of Justice Chiapetta dated December 3, 2018
- Approval and Vesting Order of Justice McEwen dated December 13, 2019
- Ancillary Relief Order of Justice McEwen dated December 13, 2019