On July 6, 2020, by Order (the “Receivership Order”) of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) (the “Court”), B. Riley Farber Inc. (“B. Riley Farber“) was appointed as receiver and manager (in such capacity, the “Receiver”), pursuant to section 243(1) of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. B-3, as amended and section 101 of the Courts of Justice Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.43, as amended without security, of all of the assets, undertakings and properties (the “Property“) of Frontline Broadband Inc., Frontline Managed Services Inc., and Frontline 360 Inc. (collectively “Frontline”).
Sales an Investment Solicitation Process
The Court, by Order of Justice Markus Koehnen dated August 11, 2020, has approved a sale and investment solicitation process (the “SISP”) in relation to Frontline and the Property (“SISP Approval Order”). The terms and conditions of the SISP are detailed in the SISP Approval Order, a copy of which is available under the Court Order section below.
The Receiver is undertaking the court-supervised SISP to seek offers for purchase of the Property and going-concern business of Frontline. Frontline is a Toronto-based telecommunications and technology company with over 100 clients in various industries Frontline, collectively, provide the following services:
- residential broadband fibre optic, internet, HDTV and home phone services,
- television services in hospitals, and
- IT management services to corporate customers.
Frontline’s Property includes telecommunication infrastructure, two registered exemption Broadcast Distribution Undertakings servicing clients across Canada, established customer contracts, tax loss assets, etc. An overview of Frontline’s Property and business is available in the Opportunity Teaser under the Sale Process section below.
Interested parties are advised to contact John Hendriks (contact details listed below) to obtain further information in relation to the Frontline’s Property and business.
Please be advised that the first deadline for submission of offers was 5:00 p.m. (EST) on September 9, 2020, was extended to September 16, 2020 and thereafter to September 29, 2020.
The final deadline for submission of offers is 4:00pm (EST) on September 30, 2020.
SISP and Creditor Enquiries
For SISP enquiries, please contact:
For creditor enquiries, please contact:
The case updates and court filed documents on this website are for information purposes only and you should consult your financial or legal adviser if you have any questions or concerns about your rights or obligations. Additional updates on the status of these proceedings may become available in the future.
- Certificate of Filing of Receivership – Frontline Broadband Inc.
- Certificate of Filing of Receivership – Frontline Managed Services Inc.
- Certificate of Filing of Receivership – Frontline 360 Inc.
- Creditor Package – Frontline Broadband Inc.
- Creditor Package – Frontline Managed Services Inc.
- Creditor Package – Frontline 360 Inc.
- Application Record, dated July 3, 2020
- Motion Record, dated August 7, 2020 (returnable August 11, 2020)
- Motion Record, dated August 31, 2020 (returnable September 11, 2020)
- Responding Motion, dated September 8, 2020 (returnable September 11, 2020)
- Motion Record, Amended SISP, dated September 11, 2020 (returnable September 11, 2020)
- Motion Record, dated October 16, 2020 (returnable October 22, 2020)
- First Report of the Court-Appointed Receiver and Appendices, dated August 7, 2020
- Second Report of the Court-Appointed Receiver and Appendices, dated August 31, 2020
- Third Report of the Court-Appointed Receiver and Appendices, dated October 16, 2020
Court Orders & Endorsements
- Appointment Order of Justice Dietrich, dated July 6, 2020
- Sale and Investment Solicitation Process Order of Justice Markus Koehnen, dated August 11, 2020
- Amended Sale and Investment Solicitation Process Endorsement of Justice McEwen, dated September 11, 2020
- Asset Approval and Vesting Order of Justice McEwen, dated October 22, 2020