On October 5, 2016, Evian Townes Inc. (the “Company“) made an assignment in bankruptcy and B. Riley Farber Inc. (“B. Riley Farber“) was appointed Trustee in Bankruptcy (the “Trustee“). The First Meeting of Creditors was held at the office of the Trustee, located at 150 York Street, Suite 1600 in Toronto, Ontario on October 26, 2016, where the appointment of the Trustee was confirmed by the creditors of the Company.
By an Order of the Honourable Justice Mesbur of the Ontario Superior Court of Justice (Commercial List) dated January 5, 2016 (the “Order”), B. Riley Farber was appointed receiver (the “Receiver”) of all the assets, undertakings and properties of Evian Townes Inc (the “Debtor”).
The Receiver intends to oversee the financing and completion of the project and the sale of the 13 units that are subject to pre-existing agreements of purchase and sale. The Receiver also intends to market the remaining unsold unit after construction is complete.
Links to the Motion Records, Court Orders, and the Receiver’s Reports can be found below.
Creditor or employee enquiries
For creditor or employee inquiries, please contact:
The case updates and court filed documents on this website are for information purposes only and you should consult your financial or legal adviser if you have any questions or concerns about your rights or obligations. Additional updates on the status of these proceedings may become available in the future.
- Motion Record For Receiver’s First Report
- Motion Record For Receiver’s Second and Third Report
- Motion Record For Receiver’s Fourth Report, returnable October 27, 2016
- Receiver’s Fifth Report, dated November 18, 2016
- Motion Record for Receiver’s Sixth Report, returnable September 5, 2017
- Application Record, December 21, 2015 – Part 1
- Application Record, December 21, 2015 – Part 2
- Application Record, December 21, 2015 – Part 3
- Application Record, December 21, 2015 – Part 4
- Application Record, December 21, 2015 – Part 5
- Court Order Appointing Receiver, January 5, 2016
- Appointment Endorsement, January 5, 2016
- Endorsement of Wilton-Siegel J, February 1, 2016
- Approval and Vesting Order, February 1, 2016
- Approval and Vesting Order, June 17, 2016
- Endorsement of Conway J, June 17, 2016
- Order of Newbould J, October 27, 2016
- Endorsement of Newbould J, October 27, 2016
- Approval and Vesting Order, November 29, 2016
- Endorsement of Justice Myers Adjourning 9:30 to September 27, 2017
- Order of Justice McEwen, September 27, 2017
- Order of Dunphy J – Receiver Discharge, May 28, 2018
- Order of Dunphy J (Burlington Claim), May 28, 2018
- Endorsement of Dunphy J, May 28, 2018