Around the world, COVID-19 is not only affecting people’s health and ways of life, it’s having a profound impact on businesses and organizations–one that will be felt for years to come.
While the situation is unprecedented and constantly evolving, accessing the right resources and trusted contacts is important. We’ve created and gathered resources we think will be helpful in these turbulent times. And as always, feel free to get in touch with any of our professionals if you need guidance, or just have questions.
The effects of COVID-19 are truly being felt internationally, and it’s helpful to know how leaders and organizations around the world are responding.
We’ll continue to add timely and relevant content from our BTG Global Advisory and IIC Partners international alliances.
Caring for yourself
- Why Are Some Leaders Better At Managing A Crisis? (Forbes)
- Leaders rise during times of crisis (Toronto Star)
- Crisis Management: Leading in Times of Great Uncertainty (Hunt Scanlon/Korn Ferry)
- To lead through a crisis, follow these eight steps (Globe & Mail)
- Adapting and Leading: How Companies are Responding to COVID-19 (Chief Executives for Corporate Purpose)
- How corporate leaders should act in a crisis (The Economist)
- 11 Key Strategies for Seeking a New Job During a Pandemic (Hunt Scanlon)
- How an estate freeze can help you maintain control of your investments (Grant Thornton)
- Beyond coronavirus: The path to the next normal (McKinsey)
- Safeguarding our lives and our livelihoods: The imperative of our time (McKinsey)
Caring for your employees
- 3 Ways To Keep Employee Morale Up During The Coronavirus Outbreak (Forbes)
- How to Understand Different Points of View in a Crisis (Psychology Today)
- 6 tips to respond to employee anxiety about COVID-19 (Canadian Mental Health Association)
- Keeping Your Team In The Loop With Our Four Pillars Of Engagement (Engage for Success)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) self-isolation: What you need to know (SunLife)
- Are You Leading Through the Crisis … or Managing the Response? (HBR)
Caring for your business
- Absolute Priority: COVID-19 Impact on the Middle Market (Debtwire Radio)
- The B2B digital inflection point: How sales have changed during COVID-19 (McKinsey & Company)
- EDC provides relief for Canadian businesses during COVID-19 crisis (Export Development Canada)
- Coronavirus: Harbinger of a New (Old) Approach to Restructuring in Canada (McMillan)
- Temporary wage subsidy for Employers (Canada Revenue Agency)
- COVID-19 guidance for organizations (Torys)
- A CEO Plan for Coronavirus: Actions to Take Now (Secured Finance Network)
- Government of Canada Announces COVID-19 Economic Response (Blakes)
- BMO Announces Dedicated Financial Relief for Canadian Businesses Affected by COVID-19 (BMO)
- Global mobility: International employee considerations during COVID-19 (Grant Thornton)
- Where do I start? What to consider when facing a temporary business closure (Grant Thornton)
- Dynamic Cash-Flow Forecasting — A Must-Have in Times of Crisis (CFO)
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy Comes Into Force (Aird Berlis)
- COVID-19: Supports for Canadian Businesses (BDC)
Caring for your customers
- A Blueprint for Crisis Management (Ivey Business Journal)
- Cultivating Connection and Resilience When Your Team, Clients, and Customers Are Apart (Impact)
To ensure you receive the latest information on the impacts of COVID-19 along with insights on how to respond under these circumstances, please consider signing up to receive the most recent updates as they become available. Subscribe now
Our Trusted Advisors are Here to Help
Although Farber is a multidisciplinary business and financial advisory practice, our roots are grounded in Insolvency & Restructuring. Crisis management is therefore a crucial part of our DNA and our expertise.
This fact combined with the expertise that we have in our various practices uniquely positions us to be able to assist clients assess, plan and navigate the myriad of challenges and changes that they are now facing.
Reach out to our key contacts below.
General questions about how to effectively run your business in these unprecedented times?
Talk to Alan and Gary:
Looking to turnaround or restructure your business?
Get in touch with Hylton and Allan:
Need help sorting out your business’s finances?
Reach out to Glenn:
Need help coming together as a team during this difficult time?
Reach out to Barry:
Looking for interim management, or part-time help from an executive?
Ian and Charlene can help:
Setting new goals and creating a strategic plan?
Contact Adam and Larry: