- Position level Senior Technical Professional
- Location 150 York Street, Suite 1600, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5H 3S5
As an Insolvency & Mining Specialist, you will be responsible for building a mining sector portfolio.
A Farber Associates – parent company of Farber Group
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders, and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, Calgary, and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
Farber acts as a trusted advisor in both court-appointed insolvency proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA) as well as advising in informal restructurings. We leverage our wide range of integrated practice areas to deliver collaborative and creative solutions with a human touch. For more information, please visit: www.farbergroup.com
Key duties & responsibilities
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the following:
- Building a mining sector portfolio, providing financial and operational solutions to distressed companies in this specialized sector
- Fulfilling mandates as Chief Restructuring Officer in complex insolvencies and workouts
- Assisting Farber’s Performance Improvement team with analytics related to inventory optimization and financing options related thereto
- Providing support for Farber appointed matters across diverse sectors as may be required from time to time
- Relationship building across various creditor networks such as Banks and global mining companies as such
Company Name: A. Farber Associates – parent company of Farber Group
Business Address: 300 – 1220 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M2K 2S5
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent
Language of work: English
Wage: $100,000.00 – $120,000.00 CAD
Benefits: Annual salary review and eligibility for profit share bonus and professional development allowance. 20 days paid vacation. Eligible for life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment benefits, long-term disability, and group health and dental insurance.
To apply for this position please email your resume directly to Human Resources at email@example.com, fax to 416.496.9651, call 1.844.507.7526, or by mail: 1220 Sheppard Avenue East, Toronto, Ontario M2K 2S5.
Please be sure to:
- Copy or type your resume into the body of the e-mail message or
- Attach your resume via a file attachment in Word, PDF, HTML, or plain text
As part of our recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to undergo criminal record, cross identity and credit checks, along with references.
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Posted: May 16, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.