- Position level Director
- Location North York, ON
We are looking for a Director for our Farber Tax Law practice who will be responsible for the management of the Farber litigation team. We are seeking a candidate with prior tax litigation and client services experience.
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
Key duties & responsibilities
- Lead the legal practice which includes training and supervising tax associates and articling students
- Build new and expand existing client relationships and demonstrate deep knowledge of client’s businesses
- Conduct consultations with potential and existing clients
- Respond to federal and provincial audits, prepare voluntary disclosures, and advise clients on the tax dispute resolution process
- Prepare notices of objection and written representations to the federal and provincial tax appeals divisions
- Conduct litigation of tax appeals before various federal and provincial courts
- Provide legal opinions with respect to the tax consequences of transactions, as well as litigation risk
- Be dedicated to providing quality service to clients to consistently meet and exceed expectations
- Other duties as assigned
To apply directly for this position please email your resume directly to Human Resources at email@example.com
Please be sure to:
- Copy or type your resume into the body of the e-mail message, or
- Attach your resume via a file attachment in Word, PDF, HTML, or plain text
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.