- Position level Director
- Location North York, ON
We are currently seeking a Director of I.T. to join our firm. You will be based at our Sheppard office, providing support and travelling to our other satellite offices where required.
12 - 18 month deliverables:
- The Director of I.T. will gain an understanding of all the projects/activities the I.T. department is working on, will have assessed the issues, and created the processes to focus on the key priorities/projects
- He/she will have defined the I.T. strategy and vision for the future, focused on supporting firm productivity and growth, as well as creating a better customer experience
- The incumbent will have focused on building a high-performance I.T. team
- He/she will have a solid understanding of the firm and will be viewed by the senior management team and the business operations as being an effective, results-oriented leader in terms of maximizing the I.T. function to help move the organization forward
Farber is an independent business advisory firm that provides practical solutions to complex financial and operating problems. We have a reputation for responsiveness and a track record of helping our clients achieve their objectives and overcome challenges.
We successfully partner and work with the leadership of North American companies, their advisors, lenders and other professionals. Our diverse team of business-savvy professionals operate seamlessly to provide services across the areas of restructuring, financial, human capital, and consulting.
With offices in Toronto, across Ontario, and Vancouver, Farber is positioned to advise businesses across Canada. Our global alliance extends our reach and provides opportunities in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and beyond, reflecting the increasingly global nature of business. Established in 1979, Farber continues to grow by fostering an unparalleled collaborative approach and by actively aligning interests with our clients.
Making business work better, together.™
Key duties & responsibilities
Strategy & Management:
- Develop, oversee, and manage the firm’s Information Technology strategy, direction, and budget
- Work directly with the firm’s executive/management team and decision makers in key areas of the practice to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the firm (e.g. cloud computing and mobile technology solutions)
- Monitor technology changes in the marketplace and ensure Farber’s systems capabilities are responsive to the needs of the firm’s growth and objectives
- Lead the development and implementation of all information technology initiatives across all areas of the firm
- Report to the I.T. Steering Committee on matters related to strategic I.T. projects
- Establish and document a set of structured processes to deliver I.T. support and to manage the overall I.T. function
- Establish an Asset Management and Tracking system and ensure that all new technology acquisitions are approved and monitored according to firm standards
- Establish a Vendor Management process including conducting regular performance reviews
Applications, Data & Infrastructure:
- Plan, coordinate, develop, and implement information systems applications/technologies/processes to support multi-functions, such as Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, etc. by preparing and maintaining long-range information systems tactical plans
- Establish a base set of service level standards and manage Farber’s I.T. infrastructure to ensure these service levels are achieved and meeting business needs
- Ensure that all external technology providers deliver services aligned with their SLAs or contracts, and continually scan the marketplace for these services to ensure that Farber is getting the best value while meeting business requirements
- Coach, mentor, recruit, and train I.T. department staff on all operational activities to ensure performance levels meet firm standards and initiatives are met
- Establish cross-training programs to ensure that Farber is not exposed to any single points of risk
- Develop a network of third-party service providers to backup the Farber I.T. team as needed
Security, Privacy & Backup:
- Ensure the security of the information systems, communication lines, and equipment
- Direct the information and data integrity of the firm and its business units
- Oversee and manage the development, review, and certification of backup and disaster recovery procedures and plans
Perform other duties as assigned to support Farber related to the areas of I.T.
To apply directly for this position please email your resume directly to the Human Resources Department, email@example.com or fax to 416-496-9651
Please be sure to:
- Copy or type your resume into the body of the email message OR
- Attach your resume via a file attachment in Word, PDF, HTML or plain text
We thank all candidates for submitting their resume, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Farber and its entities will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.